They're magnets that Nikke and her kids made. The pictures don't do them justice. They are really, really cute. They have little pictures in them of M&Ms (at least that's what they look like to me). And we all know M&Ms are on the good list!
So, thank you, thank you, thank you Nikke. I love it all! It all fits me so well! And it brought a smile to my face!
SUNDAY:
More pitter patter of feet on my roof bright and early. No worries, though - I got up and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes and then got Dakota up to get ready to go help her Bamma again. When Drake finally got up around 8:30 (I don't know how he slept through all that noise) he went out and watched the guys work for a while. He came in complaining about his eye itching. I just thought his allergies were acting up and we put some drops in them and I sent him on his way. Meanwhile, I was getting a list from Jeremiah of supplies I needed to go get and was getting ready to do that when Drake came back in complaining that his eye hurt. I looked again and couldn't see anything in it but it was really red and the corner of it was swollen. We made the call I should take him to the walk-in clinic, so off he and I went. We were in and out in 20 minutes and here's what I left with:
A pirate! The above picture is the "Pouty face, please feel sorry for me and let me have anything I want because I have a patch on my eye" picture.
The picture below is the: "I have a pirate patch on my eye and that's cool" picture.
Bottomline: He's fine. No pink eye, no foreign objects in the eye, or scratches on the eye - just something that irritated it. Put antibiotic drops in his eyes 4 times a day for 5 days (yeah, make that easy for me, will ya) and he should be fine. He only had to wear the patch for 2 hours because the doctor had put some numbing drops in his eye and then a solution to use with a special light to check for scratches, cuts, or foreign matter that's not visible with the naked eye. So, for $115 we got a doctor who could have been better at dealing with kids, some gauze, some tape and some eye drops! That's what you would spend $115, isn't it?
Maybe I should have waited until Mon. to take him to our pediatrician - but where Drake is concerned, we don't like to mess around when it comes to "medical issues." You just never know where it will lead if you ignore it - even for a day. Besides that, he would have missed his first day of WILD Adventures Day Camp, and we can't have that, can we?
Hope you had a great weekend!

9 comments:
Oh, I had one of those lovely eye cleanings and light exams when I was in high school. Fun, fun!
Sorry Drake!
Oh, and that Nikke knows you pretty well, doesn't she! So cute!
I'm so impressed that your husband can roof your house. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised cause that man builds barns for goodness sake. Good for you all.
That Drake is just plain cute with a patch or without. Glad there was nothing of real concern going on. I know camp will be fun. Leah starts day camp tomorrow too at our church.
♥
Joy
Good Morning Tiffany,
Loved reading all of your great comments this morning...thank you! Sounds like you had a productive weekend. Hopefully a nap was in there at some point.
Love your goody box. Isn't that fun to get something in mail. I love it too. Have a great day:)
I AM SO GLAD you got the package. The ONLY hold up was making the magnets. You know how it is at the end of the school year, we were SO busy every day. My kids picked the M&M paper... LOL
You crack me up! Funny stuff! You should have joined us this weekend...I am sure it would only take you a couple of days in the car, that's all. But, it would have been worth it for a piece of fried cheesecake, wouldn't it? My treat!
:0)
Mrs. Nurse Boy
That set is so cute.
And I'm glad jeremiah's eye is OK. You don't mess with eyes, so I wouldn't have waited either!
That is the saddest face I ever did see! Glad it wasn't anything too scary.
I sure do miss this cute kid already-pouty or pirate! Glad he's OK-
Post a Comment