Friday, June 5, 2009

Eight - A meme

Annikke over at Mom is in the Fishbowl tagged me for a Meme. Thanks!

The rules are that I have to thank the person who tagged me (check), complete a list of 8 (check), and then tag 8 other people (and let them know I tagged them). (Check). So here goes nothing:



8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:

1. The kids being out of school for the summer!
2. My trip to Kentucky this summer
3. Seeing my best friend Jessica again soon (at least I hope soon - it's definitely been too long. We are seriously way too busy to live so close and not see each other)
4. Going pig shopping with the kids for their show pigs
5. Not making the daily trip to the middle school for 3 years
6. Getting paid for the trial I'm working on (just keepin' it real)
7. A change of pace for the summer months (not a slower one, just a different one)
8. getting the barn finished and moving everyone in.


8 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Took the kids to school
2. Worked at home on transcripts
3. Washed a load of clothes
4. picked up the kids from school
5. Fixed supper at McDonalds (Sorry, we were in a hurry. See #6)
6. Attended my daughter's 8th grade promotion ceremony
7. baked cookies for Drake to take to school
8. went to bed exhausted



8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. Sew
2. Go on a missions trip
3. Be independently wealthy (again - just keepin' it real)
4. Buy a Dyson vacuum cleaner (soon)
5. Go to Destin on vacation
6. Tell my Dad some stuff I didn't tell him before he died.
7. Fit in a size 5 again
8. Have baby goats running around here soon




8 Shows I Watch:

1. CSI Miami
2. CSI New York
3. CSI
4. Criminal Minds
5. Law & Order: SVU
6. Little House on the Prarie
7. Beverly Hillbillies
8. The Dukes of Hazzard (Drake owns 3 seasons worth of DVDs and we watch this over and over and over and over - well, you get the picture)



8 Favorite Fruits:


1. Watermelon
2. Strawberries
3. Fresh Peaches
4. Fresh Cherries (Just discovered this last summer by the way)
5. Kiwi (they're just too much trouble for not enough return)
6. Purple Grapes
7. Green apples
8. Black berries (fresh from my backyard)



8 Places I'd Like to Travel:


1. Germany
2. England
3. Out West - like Montana, Wyoming, etc.
4. Bahamas (just to say I've been)
5. Destin, FL - that's some beautiful ocean, people!
6. Alaska
7. Italy
8. Africa


8 Places I've Lived: (Warning: Boring alert)


1. At the end of my road in our family's homestead (Florida)
2. In the house I live in now and I've lived in since I was in 6th grade (Also, Florida)
3. rinse and repeat
4. ditto
5. again
6. This is monataneous
7. I told you it was boring.
8. I'm done


8 People I've Tagged:

1. Eight Crazy (Duh - It's an 8 Meme!)

2. Joy in the Burbs

3. Tracy P. @ The Journey

4. Poop on Jelly

5. Kelly in NC

6. This Beautiful Mess

7. It's gravy, baby

8. Farmgirl Paints

Enjoy, everyone! Don't forget to check out these ladies above to read their memes, too.

9 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hey Girlie,
Thanks so much for the tag. I did this a little while back, so I don't think I'll repeat it. It's so fun to read people's list. I learned so much about you. You are cop show junkie!! My honey and I love the new show Castle. It's got a great love tension thing in the plot:)

Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Love it! Thanks for tagging me, I will definitely do this later today.

My favorite part was the places you've lived, you'll see why when I do mine!

Have a great day!

Joy said...

Fun, I'll have to get to work on this one and get it posted soon.

I enjoyed reading your. Our last day of school was yesterday! Yippee!


Joy

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

You sound so much like me with the "where you've lived one" I have lived in the same place all my life, except for when I married my husband and moved 60 miles away. There ya' go. Boring and Yawn!

(I'm a green apple fan too. Granny Smith's all the way!)

Tracy P. said...

This is fun! I will give it a try soon!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

So fun to read about you! I will give this a try next week!

I wish my list of places I have lived was boring like that! I am hoping my kids' list will be just as boring as yours. Both my husband and I moved around a lot as kids and we think it is overated!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Whitney said...

Ohh, I love these. I'll get mine up soon. Thanks!

Tracy P. said...

OK, mine is coming on Tuesday. I am getting caught up on one more thing first.

Tracy P. said...

And don't even think for one minute that I came back to tell you that because I am trying to catch up on the comment count. I would NEVER do that!

Join me in my quest to: