Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No bake granola bars

A while back Nikke posted a recipe for these no bake granola bars. They sounded yummy and everyone around here, especially Drake, just loves granola bars, so I finally decided I would try to make some myself. I'll be the first to admit I was a little sceptical as I was pouring the ingredients in. Mainly because I am not confident in the cooking department - especially when trying new things. I'm always afraid it's going to be a bust and they we'll starve to death. Okay, so maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but I am a sceptic when it comes to new recipes.

Nevertheless, I forged ahead and whipped these babies up one night before bed. The next morning I removed them from the fridge and began divvying them up in individual wrappers and the next thing I knew they were gone. I mean, seriously, they were gone. They were a HUGE hit! The next day I had to make another batch (which I think came out even better) and when I did I made a double batch. And now there are 3 left in the fridge. I just made them yesterday!

So, if you'd like some yummy granola bars I suggest you try these. They really are easy and good. I mean, seriously, if I can make them so can you. (And I'm not a big fan of peanut butter unless it is wrapped in a chocoloate circle and affectionately called Reeses cups - but I really like these bars. They're not too much). I'm linking you to Nikke's post instead of reposting the recipe here. Let me know if you try it.

7 comments:

Tracy P. said...

I am making these for our vacation for sure--probably before that though! Thanks for the link!!

Annikke said...

My 6 year old isn't a big fan of peanut butter either but he likes those granola bars. Thanks for linking back to me!

Joy said...

Thanks for this recipe. My youngest and I love granola bars. My oldest is a little finicky.


Joy

The Todds said...

I made this exact recipe a few weeks ago and the kids and I loved them (Chris is allergic to PB. We sahred them with our friends on a playdate and they loved them too!

I didn't have any rice krispies so I crushed up some special k cereal and it turned out great!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

YUM!!! I will give these a try! I like to make granola bars and freeze them for a later date. Thanks for the link!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Suzette said...

made them... loved them.... thanks!

Tracy P. said...

OK, these are seriously good! Except that they are really rice krispy bars dressed up as something healthy, which makes me love them even more! ;-)

Join me in my quest to: