Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good news........Bad news

So, the good news is Jeremiah's uncle is here working on the roof. Jeremiah and his crew of helpers got a good bit done on Sunday. They removed all the shingles on the back side of the house and started on one section of the front. They replaced the plywood that was rotten (there was more than we thought). And they got most of the synthetic felt paper put down in preparation for the metal. So, Uncle is here to finish nailing in the felt paper and maybe start putting on metal! Yea!

Bad news: (I've spared you the pictures - but I did think for one millisecond about taking some) Back bathroom is, again, inoperable because of a certain toilet malfunction and overflow all over the floor this morning. We will not point fingers - but I will say it wasn't me and the kids were still in bed when it happened. Just saying.

I'm afraid to ask what's next...........

7 comments:

Joy said...

I hate it when that happens.
We had plumbing problems in this house because of roots growing thru our septic lines. What a mess.
Glad the roof is coming along.

Joy

Annikke said...

Plumbing problems are about as bad as car troubles. I hate, hate, hate dealing with either one of these issues! (and unfortunately we are still down to one car, thanks to a certain mini van that wont start!)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

So sorry!

Hey, stop by, because you have been tagged!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Suzette said...

always knew that hubby of yours had a problem in the bathroom!Just Saying!:)

Tracy P. said...

If it makes you feel better, our bathroom flooded last week when I was taking the shower. That would be the kids' bathroom because our master bath shower has been inoperable for about six years. Give or take. So now it's downstairs for a shower. Because you would NEVER PAY someone to do these jobs when you might be able to do them yourself. Someday. Maybe in the next decade. Lucky we have three bathrooms!

The Todds said...

Oh man, that stinks! Pun intended.

Jess said...

I love how you are keeping the guilty party out of the spot light...lol Hate that it happened but because I am me, I laughed anyway.

Join me in my quest to: