Here's "the crew." This is everyone who was there to help out. There were 15 of us that were there every day to work. Me, Jeremiah and the kids; my stepbrother, his wife and their 2 kids; my dad's oldest brother and his wife, my step mom, my dad's youngest brother and his oldest daughter, my dad's sister's husband (she was in FL helping take care of my grandparents) and my step mom's good friends' son.
7 of those adults and 4 of those children (and 3 very spoiled dogs) stayed together in the house - a 3 bedroom 2 bath house. And, surprisingly, it worked - it worked way better than I could have imagined. It was actually fun - serious slumber party!
My cousin Jaime came with her dad (my dad's youngest brother) and I'm so glad she did. We got to spend a lot of time together and reconnect - and we realized how much we enjoyed each other's company. She only lives 1 1/2 hours from us, so we'll definitely be trying to get together more often. My uncle is a pretty big pack rat, too - he may just get the title of "King" now that my dad's gone - but that might go to his head, so maybe not. Jaime and I joked that we would be throwing out all the stuff her dad was taking home with him in another 40 years when he's gone. But really it's not funny - it's true. I promised her I would be there to help her when the time comes - and all those nails, nuts, bolts and screws will probably be in the same coffee cans that they came to FL in. I'm not even kidding.
Okay - so I've sort of set the stage and introduced you to the players. I think we're at a good stopping point for now. I'll gather my thoughts and sift through more pictures for the next post.
But before I go I just have one question for those of you that were there: Do you have any pepperoni? (Oh, yes, I did!)

6 comments:
What a strange mix of emotions wasn't it? On the one hand, you were around good people and had a good time, however it wasn't under the easiest of circumstances.
First of all I will give you an AMEN to the King of Pack Rats! I have never seen so much stuff in my life. And secondly, WOW, your last sentence about made me choke on my lunch!!! Lol! That's funny. No pepperoni for me. I can actually say that those nuts, bolts, and screws are being sorted out and put into bins if you can believe it. And no I'm not doing it for him!! I went over there the other night to start cleaning the old stove and he had them all scattered out on the table organizing them. There is hope! And today starts my fun of cleaning out my closets. I vow to not be a traditional Brown and keep everything just because! I had a great time with you all and you were my saving grace! Can't wait to here more. Love ya.
Can't wait to hear more. Sounds like it was a good time. And so fun to see you! ;-)
I'll second that Amen! And no pepperoni...or pimentos. And don't think I ever will again!
Your step mom must be about my height then. I'm 4'9" tall. So, hey, I can relate. I can also relate to the pack rat thing as I am one and so is my dad. Sounds like a "fun" trip....at least you were able to see family!
I WAS NOT THERE BUT...I CAN SEE THAT THE PEPPERONI WAS ENJOYED BY ALL!!!!
GLAD YOU ALL GOT SO MUCH DONE AND HAD A GOOD TIME...WELCOME HOME!
Post a Comment