.jpg)
Being respectful to staff, Acts of Politeness, Obeying staff, Helping other students, classroom participation, in dress code, possession of good attitude, on time to class, has proper materials everyday, completes homework.
The teacher commented: "Dakota is a model student because she participates in class, has a good attitude and is willing to help her fellow students!"
And the AP followed that up with: "This is my first time meeting Dakota and it was my pleasure. She seems to be a great young lady!"
So, what makes the story funnier is that Dakota was sitting in the AP's office, unbeknownst to me, when he called me. She had to give him my name and phone number so he could place the call. She had no idea why she was there or why he was calling her mom.
She had been called up to the office, which she didn't think anything about, but when she arrived they told her she could have a seat and the AP would be with her soon. Then HE comes out and tells her to go have a seat in his office and he would be there shortly. She said she about peed her pants. She had no idea why she was there! And she didn't find out until I did. And even then it didn't register, she sai.
I even got hubby at lunch by telling him that I had received a call from the AP and that she had been written up. He, too, said, What? I had him going for a minute until I spilled the beans. But when we got her version of the story yesterday afternoon we all laughed about it.
It was great to hear and see those things being said about my child. Especially yesterday. It made my day better and I know it made Dakota's better, too. The timing was perfect. She needed to hear that yesterday. Being 14 is tough. She's going through some growing pains, finding out that sometimes life stinks and it isn't always fair, and people aren't always who you think they are. And she needed some positive encouragement coming from somebody other than her stinkin' ole parents!

4 comments:
Congratulations Dakota! Mom and Dad too! What a great job! This is such a good thing the school is doing. Keep up the good work.
Way to go Dakota!
I love the positive referral idea. Would you mind emailing a larger version of the referral you posted? I would love for my school to do something like that.
Yea for Dakota! That is very cool. :-)
Post a Comment