
Well, once again I've managed to read an excellent book. I'm running out of words here - trying not to be redundant.
The last Patterson book I read was Suzanne's Diary to Nicholas and it was great, too. So, when I saw this one I had to read it.
Now, I've been told that these books are NOT Patterson's usual palate. But I am ever so glad he decided to take a detour from his normal fare to write these two books. They are definitely good reads.
Sam's Letters to Jennifer is not what you are expecting. Jennifer is called to the hospital to be with her grandmother who has fallen and is in a coma. While staying at her grandmother's house at the lake Jennifer discovers stacks of letters addressed to her from her grandmother. And those letters change her life! No, I'm not going to ruin it for you. You'll have to read it yourself - and read it you will. It's definitely a page turner, can't put it down kind of book. In fact, I read it over the course of one day. Yes, I said one day.
I started it in the morning and although I didn't want to put it down then either we had things to do. But when the chores were finished, I picked it back up and started to devour it. I read it off and on during a football game we were watching that night and then when I retired to my bed I could NOT put it down. I had to finish it. And at 11:00 p.m. I closed the book wishing there were more. I wanted to know more about these people and their lives. It's that convincing really - like I really knew these people. Guess that's the nosiness in me!
So, once again, even though I'm being redundant, this is a great read and I highly recommend it.

No comments:
Post a Comment