Tuesday, January 20, 2009

County Events 2009

Saturday we had our local 4-H County Events Day. It's a day where the kids compete in different areas such as Public Speaking, demonstrations, illustrated talks, Share The Fun (a talent competition), etc.


This year Dakota chose to do an illustrated talk in the Animal Science, Animal Industry category. In an illustrated talk the topic must be related to a project you are currently working on. The topic of her talk was "Puzzled about wholesale cuts of pork?"




She made a poster showing a puzzle of the wholesale cuts of pork on the hog and then explained more about where they come from on the pig and some facts about each cut of meat while completing the puzzle.



She did an excellent job for her first public speaking effort and won a blue award for her category and will be representing our county at 4-H District Events in May!


Drake did tablesetting again this year (mainly because that's all Cloverbuds, ages 5-7, can do). He used an apple theme and received some really great comments! I was glad to hear the judges like our every day kitchen dishes so much!

2 comments:

Annikke said...

Good work kiddos!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I think your kids did an amazing job! How cool is that. Do you homeschool? I am toying with the idea if the economy keeps going the way it is, and we can't keep them in our private school...
I have never read Karen Kingsbury, but have seen a million of her books. If you say she is that good-I might just take your advice and get some...I love Francine Rivers, but she is about it for Christian fiction authors...
God bless...

Join me in my quest to: