Thursday, January 29, 2009

32 Candles!


Yesterday my dear husband celebrated his 32nd birthday! He said he thought he woke up to the smell of bacon frying and eggs and toast cooking - but he was wrong! I planned supper - not breakfast!

Drake made sure to give him his 32 spankings yesterday morning and then came back for a pinch on the bootie before he went screaming/giggling out of the bedroom before daddy caught him.
Last night Jeremiah's parents came over and we enjoyed a meal of Enchiladas (one of his many favorites) and rice and corn. And at hubby's request some weird concoction of corn and Ro-Tel tomatoes - which was totally disgusting if you ask me, but he asked for them. And between him and his mom and dad there were none left. So, I guess they liked them!
So, you may be wondering what the yummy concoction in the picture is. It's doesn't look like a cake, you say? Well, it's not. It's some wonderful yumminess that we call a Lincoln log. It's a dessert with cream cheese filling and then you can top it with icing. My mother in law made it - and it's one of our favorites. She made chocolate and vanilla icing so we'd have both to choose from. Okay - who am I kidding? You don't choose - you eat both!


And if you're wondering - he huffed, and he puffed, and he blew all the candles out in one big spit - I mean, blow.

**Warning: Mushy part**

Jeremiah,

You are a wonderful husband and daddy. I thank God every day that he put our paths together so many years ago and that we followed that path. I'm so glad that we were able to spend another birthday of yours together. This one makes 16 that we've celebrated together. And I hope we get to celebrate 80 more! (Hmmm, 80 more Lincoln logs? Yummy!)

Thanks for all you do for us - and most of all, thanks for being you!

I love you - Tiffany

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, 32! Somebody is getting old and it aint' me : )

Happy Belated Birthday!

The Todds said...

Happy Birthday, Jeremiah! Looks like it was a great one. That Lincoln Log looked and sounded DIVINE!

Annikke said...

Awww, what a sweet letter!

Happy 32nd birthday to him!

Kelly in NC said...

Ummm, never mind. Now I know what a Lincoln Log is. Duh!
Happy Birthday J!

Join me in my quest to: