Yesterday we celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary! My how time flies. We both said it seems like we've been married forever - in a good way, of course! Jeremiah would not tell me "Happy Anniversary" until after 2:00 p.m. - which was the time of our wedding. I thought that was funny. I told him first thing when we woke up - but he informed me we weren't married yet - not until 2 p.m. He's quite odd sometimes!
We didn't really do anything special. We slept in (yea!) and the kids were supposed to make us breakfast in bed - but that didn't happen. Well, it started to. Drake brought us unopened packages of Pop-Tarts and then quickly came back yelling "Don't eat 'em!" He had brought strawberry flavored ones and Jeremiah is allergic to strawberries. So, we gave Drake a hard time about that. Then Dakota decided we could have cereal for breakfast - which neither of us wanted, so we just passed.
The rest of the day we pretty much just hung out together. It was a nice relaxing day with nowhere to be, no deadlines, no nothing. Oh, wait - Jeremiah did install a new drain in the front bathroom! It's been broken for - forever and he up and went to Lowe's to get some stuff for the barn and came home with a new drain - and installed it the same day! That's the best anniversary present ever!
I fixed us a nice supper - pork chops, rice and homemade gravy (okay, so Jeremiah made the gravy), broccoli with cheese sauce and (at Jeremiah's request because no one else will eat this) Ro-Tel tomatoes and corn. He made the kids serve us so I didn't have to get up and down from the table a bazillion times. And for dessert we indulged in homemade marble cheesecake that I bought from my friend Trisha. Man, does she know how to make a cheesecake. It was delicious!
During dinner we talked to the kids about our wedding and where we went on our honeymoon and just reminisced. They loved the part about how we got to the hotel we stayed at for the night and had to go to the mall to buy me new tennis shoes because I forgot to pack shoes. The only shoes I had were the ones I wore in the wedding - and they were not cutting it with jeans. I looked like such a dork walking around the mall to find shoes. It was embarrassing but the kids thought it was hilarious!
So, all in all we had a wonderful day. It was nice just being together - and that's all that matters to me - just being together!
I love you, Jeremiah - and always will! Thanks for 12 great years!
15 years ago

5 comments:
Happy anniversary! Here's to several dozen more!
Congratulations! We celebrated 12 in June, and I get what you mean, that it seems like forever in a good way.
Happy Anniversary you Two! Glad you had a good one.
♥ Joy
what kind of friend am I??? IT'S A GOOD THING I READ YOUR BLOG!
HAPPY LATE ANNIVERSARY! (you know heels and jeans are in now?!?)
Happy Anniversary!!
~ Shara
Post a Comment