Friday, March 13, 2009

Friends

Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a wee bit of time with a very dear friend of mine, Sheri. We have been friends since at least second grade, maybe before that. The last time I saw her was on her wedding day, over ten years ago! She and her husband moved all the way across the country very soon after the wedding - all the way to Arizona and I haven't seen her since.

But last week she sent me an email saying she was in town for a short time and hoping we could meet up before she had to go back to AZ on Tuesday. I had the flu at the time and was very disappointed that I couldn't run meet her right that second. But, by Sunday I was feeling better and we made arrangements to meet at McDonald's the next morning before we both had to head off to other appointments.

I enjoyed every second of our very brief hour and a half together and left wishing that we both had all day to spend together. It was great talking and trying to catch up on the last ten years - okay, and the five before that, too. Of course, I do follow her on her blog, but it's just not the same as talking and sharing in person.

We talked about the old, we talked about the new, and everything in between. Well, maybe not everything. It was a short time together! It's nice to know that these friendships that were fostered when we were just little children are still in tact. It's amazing that we could just pick up right where we were.

I'm so thankful for all those friends in my life that I can do that with - whether they are right here close by or all the way across the country. Those are true friendships - and they have all stood the test of time.

Sheri, it was so good to see you! I'm glad you sent the email and made the effort to contact me while you were here. I hope to see you next time you're in town, too - whether you're by yourself or you have the whole crew! I enjoyed every minute of our time together - even though it was too short! Hope you made it home safely and that every one was in one piece - especially Lance!

1 comment:

Kelly in NC said...

Wow that made me want to have a friends reunion! I hate how far i have grown apart from all our HS friends. I am glad that you, Courtney, and Sheri blog so that I feel at least somewhat up to date on the happenings in your lives.

Join me in my quest to: