Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fair Week in Review

Whew! What a week we had last week. Another fair week started off with a bang - bang you're all going to be sick again! Seriously? Yeah - but we're finally all feeling like being vertical again!
Remember Boss Hog?


Well, he's now known as the 2009 Grand Champion Swine!!!!
Here's my proud exhibitor with her banner. She won a belt buckle, too, but she hasn't received it yet. Sad face.
Can you believe it? Dakota had the Grand Champion Swine! I can't even begin to tell you how excited and proud we were and still are! The only downside to the week was that I (among others) came down with sicky cooties and don't feel like I actually have been able to enjoy Dakota's winning! I didn't even get good pictures of her the night she won because my camera wasn't working worth a flip, I was too far away, I didn't feel good, I was too busy yelling, etc. etc. I was going to get pictures Wed. night and I ended up going home right after she sold the hog, which left Jeremiah to take pictures and all he took was pictures of the pig so he could analyze them later! So, I'll have to spend the money to get pictures from the fair photographer and I'll post them in an update later!


William won Junior Showmanship again this year! He's such an awesome little showman! And he placed second in his weight class. Nathan's steer did not place well, but Nathan did a great job showing him and did a really, really nice job in the Junior Steer Showmanship competition. He ended up not winning - but we all think he should have! Maybe we're biased? Who knows!

Dakota's showmanship was better than she's ever been! Something changed inside the child, that's for sure. She amazed us all. She got a call back for Intermediate showmanship and did awesome! She knew the answers to all the questions asked by the judge and she did a great job keeping her hog in motion and where the judge could see him. She came so close to winning she could almost taste it. I think she's finally caught the bug and now has the desire to want to win it. I think she's going to kick some serious showing booty next year!


I was hoping to have some pictures to post and that's one reason I have waited so long to post this awesome week in review. But you can be sure this proud mama will post and update with pictures as soon as she can!

3 comments:

Annikke said...

You should be proud! Way to go kiddos!

the lovett's said...

Dakota was AMAZING! We are so proud of her! I'm so glad you all are feeling better- Love you all!

The Todds said...

Wow, congrats! That is so awesome.

Join me in my quest to: