Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Did ya know?

Did you know that all those times you hemmed and hawed and mused and wondered and contemplated whether or not you (or someone you were buying a gift for) would like a certain scent of body wash or lotion or spray from Bath and Body Works that you were wasting your precious time and needlessly stressing yourself out? That's right. I recently found out that you can return any product. Used. No questions asked. For whatever reason. They have a 100% satisfaction program.

The friendly little helpful associate in the store informed me of this when I was in there the other day. I stumbled in there because I happened to be in the mall (my bi-annual trip it seems like. I hate the mall!) a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to get some new hand soap for the bathroom (a guilty pleasure for sure). They were having a GREAT sale. Buy any 3 Signature series items – get 3 FREE!!!!! Woah!

So, Dakota and I went shopping. I wanted a particular scent in a creamy body wash (not shower gel) and I couldn’t find it. So, unlike my normal self who would just go on without asking, I decided to ask the friendly associate. She informed me that, unfortunately, they did not make that specific scent in a body wash but that they had reformulated the shower gels and they were better on sensitive/dry skin than they used to be. I was skeptical – and that’s when she informed me that if I didn’t like it I could bring it back. Even if I used it for a month! What? I was sold. You can’t beat that kind of guarantee.

After I loaded my bag up with my six items, plus the handsoaps I went in there for originally, I made out like a bandit! I also received a phone survey to complete, which I did, and I’ll get $10 off a $20 purchase the next time I go in. And I received a coupon for a free home scent with a $10 purchase. I dare say I’ll rack up again when I go back (hopefully sometime this millinieum)

Thought I’d pass the tips along to all of you – just in case you might be interested. And in case you're wondering, the jury is still out on whether or not I like the newly reformulated shower gel. So far, it's okay - but I like the creamy body wash better.

And, also, I found out that you can purchase some of your old faves that have been discontinued on their website. Who knew?

4 comments:

Joy said...

That is good to know. I didn't know that. I'm sure every teacher in America could use this information. haha.

I loved a perfume they had called Romance. They don't carry it anymore. I may check the website and see.
Our current favorite scent is Japanese Cherry Blossom.

I definitely know if my kids washed their hands or not when they come out of the restroom. They love the way their hands smell with these soaps.


Joy

Annikke said...

Oh wow! Thanks for the tip!

Tracy P. said...

This is great to know! Yes, I have totally been there, on numerous occasions!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I totally did NOT know that! Thanks a bunch! That will cut the shopping time down quite a bit :)

~ Shara
Blissfully Chaotic
www.BlissfullyChaotic.com
www.Twitter.com/sharabenton

Join me in my quest to: