Friday, June 27, 2008

Ponderings

Do you ever wonder how you got where you are in life? How you could possibly just blink your eyes and so much time has passed since an event or your children have grown up so quickly or things have just changed? I used to think it was so stupid for people to say, "Enjoy your kids, they grow up so fast." Well, of course they do! But really, how is it that so much time passes so quickly?

I was met with a situation today that has left me perplexed; left me pondering where the time has gone since I was 16 and crying on Jessica's bedroom floor after finding out that I was pregnant with Ladybug. I remember that day like it happened yesterday - and now, 13 1/2 years later I sit in awe of my 2 beautiful children. I thought my life was over that day - but it was only just beginning. Sure, I didn't plan for my life to start that way but it did, and I have no regrets because regrets would simply not allow me to enjoy the beautiful young lady who is my daughter or my wonderful husband.

But there are instances like today when life hits me smack in the forehead and I sit and think about how quickly life does pass by; how in just the blink of an eye little girls become young women and baby boys become little boys and you don't even see it happening, it just does; and you're left wondering where the time has gone.

I suppose it's the natural progression of life; time marches on, seasons change, et cetera, et cetera. Each new season of life brings new and exciting adventures to our world that we need to experience and not just get through. I want to try harder to enjoy my seasons instead of just muddling through them because I know soon enough I'll be wondering where my kids are - and they'll be the woman and the man standing right in front of me.

3 comments:

The Todds said...

You write so beautifully. I hear you on what you are saying. Well put!

Kelly in NC said...

Don't you think that in some ways- that is why you do this blog? So that you can hold on to the memories and the feeling you had when Dakota started middle school or the days when Drake would play with his trucks in the mud? That is part of my selfish reasons at least. I don't want to forget these precious days that seem to pass too quickly!

Mom said...

I cry every time I read this blog - not tears of sadness but tears of joy for the two absolutely beautiful women described in this blog - my wonderful daughter and my wonderful granddaughter. I am so thankful for the gift of life!

Join me in my quest to: