Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Book Review - Forevermore

I keep reading the most incredible books! This is the second book I have read by this author (the first was Kentucky Chances) - and I think she's quickly becoming another of my favorites. We bought this book for my MIL for Mother's Day and she, in turn, lent it to me to read as well. That's what I call smart gift giving!

This book definitely keeps you guessing and laughing. Hope is quite an unconventional character - but you learn a lot from her. It's set in Texas in the late 1800s. Hope is described as a dandelion in the wind. Her unconventional ways and sayings made me stop and analyze some verses in the Bible and see them differently than I ever had before. That's always fun when verses you've read your whole life suddenly take on a whole new meaning. I highly recommend this book!

The other thing I like about the books I've been reading is that - taking this book for example - Dakota picked it up the other day and was READING it! I didn't have to freak that she might read something that was too adult for her. It's a good, wholesome book and I have encouraged her to finish reading it. I hope she does!

If you click on the title of the post if should redirect you to another site so you can read more about the book. Or you can visit www.paperbackswap.com and see if they have it there. This is another cool site I have found. Go and check it out for yourself. I've used it and I'm loving it. They may not have this book right now but they have millions others!

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: