Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Piggy Cake

Back at county fair time we had to come up with a buyer's gift for whomever was to purchase Dakota's hog. It's just supposed to be a small token of appreciation to the buyer. You see all kinds of things being brought in from yummy pies to huge baskets of items. In the past we have done some sort of small gift basket-type gift but this year I wanted to use the right side of my brain and do something a little more creative and homemade. So I started searching and I found this:Isn't she cute? I fell in love with her when I saw her at the Family Fun website. Dakota loved it too, and we decided that we would make our own modified version so that it would reflect more of who Boss Hog was.


Mind you, this idea sounded a lot better when we first came up with it and I didn't have the flu. But I persevered and managed to come up with our own version of the Boss Hog piggy cake



You can see the resemblance, right?

I didn't take a picture of the absolute end product - but we put the piggy cake in a really cute cake plate and attached a nice cake server with a cute bow to it. I also put a place card on the cake thanking the buyer for supporting the youth. I thought it turned out really cute! See what happens when I use the right side of my brain?

6 comments:

Annikke said...

Ok. THAT is such a cute cake!! I love it!

Tracy P. said...

It's adorable!

If you had used "swine" instead of "piggy" or "hog", you would have gotten a million hits from Google searches this week because you also used the word "flu". But you can't catch that from a cake can you? I have actually thought of you and your pig butts several times this past week and smiled.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I LOVE it!! How creative!

Now I want cake...

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh how cute was that!! You are pretty creative. I love cake in ANY size, shape or color:)

By the way thanks for the sweet comments re: the birds and the bees talk. It's so nice to hear what others have to say. Have a great day.

Kelly in NC said...

Wow! Too cute. Now when did this buyer's gift go into practice. I definitely do not remember doing this in my steer showing days.

By the way...I also loved the Nicholas Sparks books. I am sure that i have said it before- he is one of my favorite authors.

Joy said...

I love the cake! I didn't know there was a gift protocol for giving something to the buyers. I learned something new.


Joy

Join me in my quest to: