As the subtitle of our blog states: My ramblings about our life.
Well, today that's what you're going to get: ramblings.
I don't really have any one specific topic to discuss, but rather just need to write down some thoughts coursing through my brain - so that it will stop racing. Stop. the. madness.
1. First off - has anyone else noticed that the size of grocery items you buy has decreased while the price has either stayed the same or increased? For instance, oatmeal pies. The regular sized ones are now substantially smaller than they used to be - yet I'm paying around .20 to .50 cents more per box. I have noticed this with several things lately and it's starting to really tick me off.
2. We only have 5 1/2 days of school left! Wooo hooo!!!!! I am SO ready for a change in pace. I'm sure I'll be ready for another change of pace come August - but for now I'm ready for summer schedule.
3. Not that our summers are any less chaotic. If anything, they may be busier - except we don't have pigs and aren't in the middle of show season. However, if we start showing the goats (which has been the plan since we got them) that will change as well. Dakota has FFA State Convention and 4-H camp as well as some training classes to prepare her to be a CIT (counselor in training) at 4-H camp. Drake has signed up for 4 different day camps and will probably do a program at a local church on the Mondays he's not at day camp. They also usually do some VBS hopping during the summer, too. AND we're going to Kentucky for a week. So, no, the chaos does not end.
4. My dad's 59th birthday would have been yesterday (and 8 months since his death). That was a hard day for me. I wasn't quite sure how to process the whole birthday thing. It was weird not having someone to call. So I ended up calling my stepmom last night and we both talked about our feelings and had a little cry and when we hung up I felt much better. I guess all those "firsts" are difficult. We've already been through out first holidays without him - and my stepmom dealt with their first anniversary without him shortly after she returned home from the funeral. I haven't talked about these events much or my feelings on the subject - because deep down inside I really am somewhat private. And I also haven't quite been able to express myself in words in regards to these things - which is also odd for me. Usually writing is therapy for me. I have jotted down some things here and there when the thoughts strike me - I just haven't been blogging about them. (I really am rambling now)
Well, my mind has hit the pause button for the moment. All those things that have been swirling around in there just stopped. I'll spare you any further boredom at this point and end this post. But I warn you - sometimes my mind just starts our of nowhere. I may have to return and do a Part 2. Scary, I know.
15 years ago

4 comments:
I'm ready for the summer pace as well. We get out June 4.
My girls are now too old for official VBS here. makes me sad, but my yougest is doing a day camp at church.
I remember when they were little my neighbors and I signed the kids up for every VBS within a 15 mile radius. They went to 5 different denominations that summer...those were the days.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your dad.
Joy
Uh oh! You've upped the ante with the Top Commenters gadget. Now, I'm a fierce competitor, but I'm nothing compared to Joy! I will have to split my comments into parts to catch up to her. And look, there she is, first again! ;-)
I could do rambling posts several times per day. Love it! I'm so glad you came by yesterday.
No cheat Tracy, I'll have my eye on you.
♥
Joy
You know, ironically, probably the hardest 1st for me was Mother's Day. We would wish each other a happy Mother's day, and mention that it was only half a word. When I called Mom and he didn't answer...I really missed it...and him. Can't wait to see ya'll in KY!!!
Post a Comment