Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mr. Clean - how I love thee

Have you ever tried the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They are an amazing invention. I have found so many uses for them over the years and each time I find a new area to use them in it totally amazes me that I didn't think about it before that very moment. Usually when I find a new use for the magic eraser it is out of frustration or desperation and I have an A-ha! moment and I dig through the cabinet until I find one and put it to the test. They haven't failed me yet - and this morning, in fact, my good 'ole Magic Eraser pulled through for me again!

I thought I had ruined my white dry erase board yesterday that I keep in my office to help me organize jobs that are due or list out a big to-do list, etc. I had several jobs in the queue and needed to see in big red letters what they were and when they were due - so I jumped over to my board and scribbled them all down in a nice, neat, orderly fashion. Well, several hours later - for a reason I still haven't figured out - I turned around and looked at the board and had this sinking feeling that I had used the wrong marker. And, yep, I had. I had grabbed my red "CD marking pen" instead of my red "dry erase" pen. My heart sank as I tried to erase what I had written and it just kept staring back at me in big red letters.

So, I called myself a few names and beat myself up over ruining the board and went on with my day. Well, today was a new day and as those big red letters kept staring at me suddenly the thought hit me "Get the Magic Eraser." So, I went and found my trusty friend and held my breath as I started to scrub and lo and behold the words were disappearing!

If Mr. Clean was here I would have kissed him!

So, what are your favorite uses for the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser?

7 comments:

Annikke said...

I have started using the magic eraser for touch ups in my bath tub.... the previous owners had those sticky flowers in there and then apparently removed them before we looked at the house, so now as we bathe in there the dirt sort of sticks to the outline of where those flowers were and so I take the magic eraser to them in between my major scrubbing of the tub

Joy said...

That is good to know it will clean up a whiteboard. I haven't used one in a while. But it did take some art work off the wall that Leah did when she was a toddler.
Kind of took some of the paint too, but that was alright.


Joy

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I am not sure what I like it for because I have not used it yet. If it does a good job on my wall that Jonathan drew all over two weeks ago, then I shall kiss Mr. Clean on his shiny bald head!

Jim and Lilla said...

I love it to get up the black marks shoes leave on the vinyl floor. I also got asphalt on the floor one time after walking through a parking lot that had just been resurfaced. Then for hard water and iron stains. Recently, Winn Dixie had them on sale and I got a new kind, Magic Eraser Extra Power, haven't used it yet but am looking forward to an even better job with this one since it is advertised to be 50% stronger. Actually, like you, the list could go on and on.

Jim and Lilla said...

By the way - welcome back to your blogging.

Tiffany said...

Thanks - it's good to be back!

Tracy P. said...

I love Mr. Clean too, but I haven't used it for anything but the walls! I will have to think outside the box!

I laughed when I saw this because I had already written my "September how I love thee..." post. Great minds think alike!

Join me in my quest to: