As I mentioned yesterday we had our county fair swine drawing last night. This is a lottery-type system to see which kids get a "guaranteed" spot in the fair and who will be deemed alternates. This "guaranteed spot" is also contingent on the kids keeping their grades up and their pigs making final weight requirements in March. This year there were around 121 applicants to fill 80 slots for the show. And both Dakota and William made it! They were so excited. Their numbers were called between the halfway mark and the final guaranteed spot and we were all getting a little anxious sitting there holding our breath with each number that was called.
To all of you who prayed or kept your fingers crossed, thanks! It worked! Did you ever think you'd be praying for pigs?
15 years ago

5 comments:
Yea for them! They have their work cut out for them now. Hope it all goes well!
WooHoo!!! let the pig praying continue!!
Congrats. I can't wait to see them!
They must be so excited!
When I was quite young, I sat on Santa's lap and asked for our sow to have a litter of pigs. I remember Santa looking at my dad with a "help me out, will you!?" look on his face. Wonder if he ever heard a request for pigs before.
Trixie
Yay! At, least I think. You know I am a city girl, but as long as you keep those pigs at your place, I will hoot and holler all the way over here!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Post a Comment