Today's post is going to be rather random. My friend Mrs. Nurse Boy does a "Monday's Random Musings" post each Monday and I have decided to start doing the same. You can join in on the fun, too, by either posting your random Monday morning thoughts in the comment section on my blog, or posting a link in my comments section to your blog with your Monday randomness. The choice is yours!
So, without further adieu, here's just a glimpse at what goes on in my head at any given time..... be careful but please don't be scared off.
****Made my grocery store run this morning. I love getting cashiers who are friendly and respect my choice to use my own reusable bags. It makes my shopping experience much more pleasurable. So, thank you nice cashier lady for not sighing and rolling your eyes when I handed you my bags this morning. You made Monday better.
****It wasn't until I was out of the store, groceries in the car and down the road that I realized I forgot to give the cashier my coupons. Rats!!! That made me so mad!!! I didn't have a lot today, but every penny helps. However, at the second grocery store stop I had to make the cashier there told me if I still have my receipt and my coupons I can take them to the customer server counter and they will refund my money. Who knew? I'm going to call the first store and see if they have the same policy. Keep your fingers crossed....
****I have recently decided that I really must stop trying to multitask. I suppose multitasking for some is a good thing and quite productive - however, for me it wreaks havoc. You see, I don't just try to multitask a couple of things, I try to multitask 10 things and then end up feeling like I have ADD on overdrive and wonder why nothing ever gets accomplished. So, my new goal is to stop multitasking. We'll see how that goes.........
****County fair swine drawing is tonight. We will find out tonight if Dakota gets a spot in the fair or not. Keep your fingers crossed for her!
****Chicken and Rice for supper tonight! Yummy!
****State fair educational seminar this weekend. Should be interesting. This will be Drake's first year and I've been trying to convince him that Sat. will not be totally boring - emphasis on totally. It is a pretty boring day but not "totally" boring - so I haven't lied.
****We started the next phase of the barn this weekend. The goats' new home. Still have to build fence for their new pasture. They will not know what to do with themselves when they have a whole pasture to graze! Next on the agenda are pig pens. Those will be very important in a little over a month. Where does the time go?
****Drake woke up this morning with a bit of a cough. Let's hope this doesn't progress into anything more.
****This has turned into a busy week. Why is it that everyone decides that all school meetings, fair meetings, orthodontist appointments, etc. have to be held in the same week? There are typically 4 weeks in every month, can't we space things out a little?
****I have been making my own taco seasoning. We eat a lot of tacos around here! If you're into making your own stuff, you've got to try this recipe. It's super simple. Trust me when I say super simple! Yes, you have time. Yes, you can do it. Yes, I'm talking to you - person who thinks it takes too much time or effort to make things from scratch! Seriously - I just double, triple, or quadruple the recipe and store it in a little container in my cabinet. Then I just take 2 or 3 tablespoons out as needed. That way I don't have to make it every time I need it - it's there. It tastes just like the package stuff, too! Try it - you'll like it!
Okay - this post probably sounds like I have ADD, too! But that's why it's titled "rambling thoughts." I think my brain is ready to move on to the next task. I'm feeling the urge to multitask, so I must close out this project and move along. Don't forget to post your Monday randomness and leave it in the comments section!
15 years ago

5 comments:
Multitasking gets me into trouble too... I just don't seem to know when to stop.
Love you randomness! It is fun to read someone's random thoughts! And, thanks for the linky love!!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
It's hard not to multitask with all the meetings the same week, forms that need to be filled out, details that need to be squared away. I should learn to take a deep breath, make a list, and then put the list in order of what needs to be done first. But I always think I don't have time to make one.
Glad you're making progress on the barn, and saying a little prayer for Dakota!
I stink at multi-tasking big time.
Bob Shaffer, 98, passed away at the Tioga....
Oh crud. Did I just paste that here? It was supposed to paste somewhere else. For work. Where I type up obituaries. Oh dear...can't multi-task at all! :-)
Great Random Musings. I was going to do one this week but had another post. I've got a list of randoms for next week, though.
ADD...no way!!! ramdom? I thought everyone was like that!! multitask???now you have lost me...ADD ...Ithink I caught it!!!
So what's the taco recipe? Multi-tasking is for the birds - I don't think anyone can do it well. Some people never give their coupons to the cashier - only go to the service desk and obtain the cash and then save the cash!
Post a Comment