Friday, September 5, 2008

Karate Kid

Ladybug recently begged us to buy the movie Karate Kid when we found it really cheap at the store and since this is one of Hubby's all-time favorite movies he, of course, agreed. And like most movies we get around here - that's all we watch for at least the first 2 weeks or more of ownership.


Since that time Tater Tot has been enthralled with Karate and one afternoon while he was chopping around in the living room Hubby asked if Karate might be something he was interested in learning. Tater Tot's eyes lit up as he stood up straight and clasped his hands in front of his chest as if he had just been offered the chance to save the world and said, "Could I?" There was so much conviction in those 2 simple words - as if we had denied him everything he had ever asked for in his entire life and we finally would allow him such a privilege.


Since his cousin takes Karate, we agreed to allow Tater Tot to go last week and watch a class to see if he really wanted to learn Karate or just recreate the movie at home on his terms. He was supposed to just go and watch the class....but he showed up at Wendy's (we were meeting up for dinner) in his gee and darned if he wasn't the cutest little Karate Kid I've ever seen!

Bamma had to hem the legs and the arms up about 3 1/2 inches on both, I think - and this is a Size 0 gee, people! And we took these pictures before Karate the other night before "W" showed him how to tie his belt - so, they are beltless pictures. Please forgive me. When Tater Tot learns to tie it himself, I'll post another picture. Actually, Aunt has pictures of "W" showing Tater Tot how to tie his belt. I'll get those from her - and if I'm not in them - I'll post those, too.

1 comment:

The Todds said...

What a cutie. He looks like a very young Ralph Macchio.

Join me in my quest to: