Saturday, September 6, 2008

Book Review - Bleachers

If you grew up in small-town America and went to a high school with a good football team - then you will totally relate to this book. This book takes place over 4 days in October where alumni players and a town come together to mourn the loss of a town-hero; the football coach. The characters are very typical of those you will remember from high school and the dialogue is very real. It's like John Grisham took a tape recorder to a high-school reunion and then wrote his book around that exact dialogue.

Quick, easy read. Entertaining.

3 comments:

kelly said...

i'll have to check it out. i haven't read a john grisham book in forever... too many of his books just seemed the same to me. but i've always thought he was a good author. can't wait to check it out!

Shannon D said...

I'm not a reader, but that sounds like a really good book. I'm totally nostalgic like that, so the storyline sounds interesting to me.

Can't wait to see how your weekend project turns out! Good luck!

Kelly in NC said...

I've read this one and enjoyed it too! it definitely reminded me of high school. Also, loved the photos of Drake and I agree he's the cutest karate kid i've ever seen!

Join me in my quest to: