Friday, September 5, 2008

Remodeling project - Part 1

WARNING: LONG POST!


We started our next remodeling project back in July. We are repainting the entryway and hallway and are continuing the wood flooring from the living room into those same areas. It's been a longer process than normal because we haven't had a full weekend to just get it done.

Here's some before pix:



Before (1) - Looking from dining room to front door.
To the right is the living room.
To the left is the hallway in the next picture.

Before (2) - Looking from entryway into hallway

Before (3) - End of hallway

I was crazy and decided to start undertaking the walls the week before July 4th weekend. Why for the life of me I thought that was a good idea with a house full of company coming, I'm not quite sure. But I managed to get the old border paper off the walls and we managed to get the Kilz on the wall before all the company arrived. So it looked halfway decent - or at least like I was painting my walls white again. But it was VERY obvious we were remodeling.



(Looking from front door back) (Hallway) (Looking from dining room to front door)


The weekend after the 4th we got the baseboards off, the carpet ripped up, and the walls painted. I love the color! Hubby picked out the color again (he did for the living room, too) and he did a great job! It's Mocha Java. I just like saying the color because it sounds cool - but it looks great, too - especially with our Toasted Honey living room!

And then I went to Kentucky and, of course, things came to a grinding halt. We finally were able to start working on it again this past weekend but laying the flooring has not been an easy task. Hubby's dad is helping us this time and they have run into more problems than they know what to do with. The living room was easy - one big, straight shot of a room with only 2 door ways to work around. However, the current project has doors all around it and closets and corners and just... problems. But we are slowly getting there.


On Labor Day my friend Suzette and I went shopping and found some great things to put on the walls. As soon as I have it all assembled (some of it requires crafting - yea!!!) and on the walls I'll update with pictures. For now - you'll just have to wait in suspense. I can't wait to show off the final results!

1 comment:

The Todds said...

Awesome. I can't wait to see the final results.

Join me in my quest to: