Thursday, April 3, 2008

Memories

Tater Tot and I were sitting in the car while waiting for Ladybug and Nathan to get done at vegetable judging today. Tater Tot practiced his table setting for 4-H County Events Friday and then was playing his recently inherited hand-me-down Game Boy. I was working on the ever-growing pile of transcripts that I have to get done. It was quite hot even with the windows down. No air blowing. Tater Tot was drenched in sweat and I think I was "perspiring" myself. Mr. H, one of the advisors came by and offered for us to sit inside an empty classroom while we waited so we didn't roast to death.


So, here we are now sitting in Mr. S's classroom. It's been a long time since I've been in here and it brought back lots of memories. The most vivid of which is remembering that I changed my entire schedule around to get into this class my 11th grade year after Natalie told me Hubby had this class the same period she did. I mean, being in class with Natalie would have been enough. That was the original game plan - to manipulate the schedule so Natalie and I would have ag together. But when she added that other bit of info, it did have a certain appeal to it! I had met Hubby over the summer while I was taking Driver's Ed and now I could have a class with him everyday. Who knows where that could lead???????

Well, here we are almost 15 years later - who would have thought?

1 comment:

The Todds said...

That is such a great memory. I love those kinds of stories.

Join me in my quest to: