Friday, April 4, 2008

Bedside Table

So, I finished Before I Wake by Dee Henderson yesterday. Really, really good read. I don't want to give too much away for those of you who might read it - but if you like a good "whodunit" and a cliffhanger - you'll like this book.
As a subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) undercurrent is the theme of why does God let evil exist in our world? And I think the author answers that in such a great way explaining that God does not affect our freewill. Here's an excerpt of the explanation: "He gives us free will and often we choose to do wrong. God has free will and constantly chooses to do good. That's the difference between us and God" "God is passionate about good happening in this world, not evil. God hates all the bad/evil things that happen in our world just as he hates divorce and injustice. But He won't destroy people to proactively prevent them from doing evil things." That was pretty powerful to me.

There are also "thought-provoking" questions in the back of the book that make you analyze the book even further. Dee Henderson is a great author. She has written a couple of series of books; The O'Malley Series and the Uncommon Heroes Series. Both are a really great series of books. I would recommend them all. Oh, and Jessica, I hope there is a sequel to this book!!!!!

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: