Monday, April 21, 2008

Bedside Table Review - Even Now

Wow! What a great book. I know I keep saying that but I have had a stack of really great reads lately. Karen Kingsbury is also an awesome Christian author - her books are so vivid and detailed. She's the kind of writer that sucks you in and you feel as if you're right there with the people in the book - like you know them; they're your neighbors or friends or something.

This book made me cry - okay, I know that's no surprise to a lot of you - but the story is so true and relevant. (It was mostly happy crying, if that makes a difference to anyone.) It's a book of true love that can not be broken by time, distance, or circumstances. It's a must read! I highly recommend it.

My bedside table is quickly becoming empty - so I need some suggestions. I feel a trip to the library coming on!

Oh - Dakota and I were in the book store Friday night. Oh, how I love the book store. All those books - with beautiful covers and stories just waiting for me to open them and jump in. If I was independently wealthy I would take a buggy and just run my arm along the shelves dumping one of each book into my basket! But - the first thing I spotted when we walked in was a new Beverly Lewis book! Didn't I just say I was ready for her next book? I resisted the urge to buy it right then and there - but I will definitely be getting it very soon. Very soon.

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: