Monday, October 19, 2009

Book Review - The Secret

(Thank you Barnes & Noble for the picture)

Well, Beverly Lewis, you have done it again. Another series that starts off with a bang and is almost impossible to put down. I don't know how you do it - but you definitely have a gift. Don't stop now!

The Secret - Wouldn't you like to know what it is? Yep, you and everyone else in Lettie Byler's household. Except, it's a secret that Lettie can not bring herself to reveal to her family and one that brings her to a decision that leaves her family heartbroken and wondering what in the world has come over her.

Written in modern-day Amish times, Lewis also intertwines the story of Heather Nelson, a young "Englischer" graduate student with a diagnosis that she doesn't want to believe and a yearning to find healing in the simple life.

If you have read any of Lewis' other books - you will definitely want to pick this one up. And if you've never read Beverly Lewis, this would be as good a place to start as any. You'll be hooked, "for sure and for certain."

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Ugh, Tiffany! I have discovered that when I read fiction I am utterly worthless to my family. It is sad. I cannot put it down. But I'm pretty happy that I have read three works of fiction this year! Maybe next year I will venture into the world of Beverly Lewis. Have you read any of Francine Rivers? I just read Redeeming Love. Good stuff!

Annikke said...

I have never read Beverly Lewis. I might have to try her out, starting with this book!

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I'm a Beverly Lewis fan so this is a good one for me. THanks for the review!

Join me in my quest to: