
This little book was so much more than I expected. It's a good, quick read, too.
I don't think I'll be giving anything away by saying that it reminded me a lot of spending my dad's final days with him. While Morrie is certainly much more philosophical than my dad was - it's still a story of someone spending precious moments with another person who is in their last days. The author, Mitch Albom, did an amazing job of chronicling his and Morrie's time together. Those are moments he will obviously always cherish - and the days I was able to spend with my dad up until and through his death are irreplaceable to me as well.
(As always, the picture is courtesy of Barnes and Noble)

4 comments:
Sounds like some good therapy. That first year is so hard--the first everything without the one you love.
I have lost my mom and some other close people, but other than my grandma (whose mind deteriorated in her final months) they were sudden, and I didn't have a chance to process the end of life with them. While my loved ones were spared much suffering, there is something precious about knowing it is time to make the most of each moment because it truly might be your last.
Sounds like this book might make me bawl like a baby. I hate doing that. I just don't think I could bring myself to do it...
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Does it make you cry. I can't do crying books. I'm such a wienie.
I cried all the way thru Same Kind of Different as Me.
Didn't you say you read that one too.
♥
Joy
I loved this book and have enjoyed all of the rest of his books too! I also just finished reading the Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I recommend that one too!
Post a Comment