What in the world is that you ask? Well, it just happens to be the anniversary of starting my blog. This is actually my 2nd blogoversary. When my 1st anniversary came and went I didn't know you could celebrate such a thing! I've learned so much in the past year!
I started this blog two years ago as a way to keep in touch with family and friends from school that I might have otherwise lost touch with. Some of my friends like Kelly, Courtney, and Sheri had started blogs and I loved that I could see pictures of their kids and them and keep up with some of their lives. I had actually started our own family website previous to this blog but it was just so cumbersome and not userfriendly at all. Then I discovered blogging!
My blog started as a private blog, only allowing invited readers to browse around. But as I began to read more and more blogs and make blogging friends, I took the big leap and opened my blog to the world. And I really did - I had a hit from Australia the other day! Hi there, if you're still around! Thanks for stopping by!
Blogging is perfect for someone like me who loves to journal, loves to write (I want to be one when I grow up), loves, loves, loves pictures (taking, sharing and viewing) and who, let's be honest, is just plain nosey! I love knowing what's going on in other people's lives. It helps me feel normal - and sometimes helps me to remember that my daily struggles are small and inconsequential compared to others around me.
I've "met" lots of great people through blogging. I used to think it was crazy to have "internet friends" but I now know firsthand that blogging friends are just as important as those I know in real life. Some of my blogging friends are the ones who helped pull me through when I was losing my dad this past Fall. Sometimes when I was having a bad day (and we had many) I would just happen to check my email and there would be some encouraging word or thoughts or "hang in theres" from some of the people I'd met through blogging. They didn't know me from Adam - but they were there, thinking about me, letting me know that people cared - even if they didn't "know" me. I knew then that I had met true friends.
Another milestone occured this past week and I didn't even realize it until it passed - but I also posted my 200th post! Crazy! Who knew I had so much to say? And the sad part? There are still so many things that I don't even post about. I'm always thinking, "I should blog this" - and either I forget to or I decide that some things are better just left alone.
I have 13 (admitted) followers and I've had over 1,000 hits to my site. Again, crazy! Who would think that people would want to read my ramblings?
I'm not sure the direction this blog will take. I know I will still post about all the crazy goings-on that happen around here in this rural life that everyone says is "so peaceful and serene" but to us is usually pretty chaotic. I will continue to post about the great deals I get and about the other ways I find to save money (and my small part to save the earth.) And I will definitely keep posting my book reviews. I love to read too much to give up that. But I also have a creative side. A side that likes to craft and "do" things. A side that wants to be an entreprenuer. I need a creative outlet. Maybe a blog featuring my creative side? Not sure yet.
I also have the desire to write (which is one of the reasons I love blogging - because I get to do just that). I like to write about anything and everything. I've loved to write since my school-age years. Writing is a great release. What do I want to write about? Who knows. Anything. Everything. Again, it's why I blog. I do have a story to tell - one that may just inspire someone or help someone through a rough time. I'm always reluctant to share my story - not sure quite why - but if I could help someone through a similar situation, then I should share, right? We'll see. It's always in the back burners of my mind.
Whatever direction blogging takes me I'm ready for the ride. And hopefully along the way I'll keep my current friends and gain a few more to enjoy this chaotic life with me. So, Happy Blogoversary! Thanks for stopping by to celebrate with me! And stop back by again real soon!


7 comments:
Happy blogaversary, Tiffany!! I'm so glad you are here! And I love your owls.
I never really set out to do any writing about my own self or story, but surprisingly some of those posts have gotten the best responses, and now I'm very glad I've written them down for my kids. Story on!
Well happy 2 year blogaversary!! How fun!
I don't "follow" many people. Mostly because I don't really understand how it works differently than adding someone to my blog roll. But, I am slowly getting into the whole "following" thing! This is sort of new to me!
Happy Happy to you! I'm glad I've come across your blog and have really enjoyed since I've started following. We share so many interest. I'm loving the new owl thing going on. They are precious.
♥
Joy
Happy Blogoversary! I love your posts and I am always so impressed with your writing. It shows that you really enjoy it. Whatever path you continue on or take with theis blog...I'll be a follower and a subscriber!
PS Love the owls!
Happy blog-oversary! I am glad you decided to open it up to other people.
The new background is so cute! The owls are adorable.
Congrats!!!!! I am so glad I found your blog. I look forward to getting to know you better! I think you just might need to celebrate with some cake and ice cream. ;0)
Mrs. Nurse Boy
I am glad that you started blogging and enjoy reading the things you write- although admittedly- I do not get to check as often as I like! So keep on bloggin'!
Post a Comment