This picture the lil' guy decided he'd be in the picture - but on his own terms. He had to have a chair, and he had to stare at his mom! It was cute - and in the process we lost 3 in the picture because they were so interested in the lil' guy!
The other 4 great-grandchildren were not with us this year. Their mom and dad took them to the woods of NC for the holiday. As far as I can tell they had a good time. The only feedback I got from them was there was no snow and they hiked every day. I'm sure there's more to the story - but that's all I've gotten so far!
Our kiddos
Nana and Papa
Aren't they sweet? My Nana is 77 this year and my Papa is 88. AND they've been married for 60 years! And the kicker? My Papa still farms and works outside every day. It's nothing to see him in the pasture on the tractor when you drive by or see him out in the pasture checking on his cows or even fixing fence. And 99 percent of the time he doesn't even ask for help - doesn't need it, really, according to him! It's good for him, though. It keeps him young!
We are very fortunate to still have my grandparents with us. In fact, my kids have 2 full sets of great grandparents and a great grandma still living as well as all the grandparents they have. I'm sure they take this fact for granted. I know I do sometimes. But it's so nice that this set of great grandparents live so close and the kids can spend time with them.
I'm glad I was able to capture these moments that we'll have forever.

1 comment:
I adore those grandmas and grandpas! They are the sweetest!
Thanks for stopping by--I believe we've been in your neighborhood! We're in south GA right now, but my dad lives in Ocala. We spent a few crazy days with my sister and her boys there. First time we've ever all been together there. And my step mother's brother lives a few doors down, and he squeezed some oranges from his trees and chilled it for us. I have NEVER had fresh orange juice in my life. YUM!!
Blessings to you and your family in 2009!
Post a Comment