On Monday my very dear friend Suzette gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Avelyn. She was around 6 weeks early - so she gave us all a big surprise - especially Mom who owns a flower shop and is VERY busy this time of year! However, this year she's busy doing fun stuff like holding her baby, feeding her baby, resting (well, she's supposed to be), etc. while we're holding the fort down at the shop for her. I know she's having way more fun at the hospital with Avelyn than being with us at the shop anyway!
Avelyn weighed 5 lbs and 1 oz and is doing very, very well for being early. She's still in the NICU but she's breathing on her own and they were able to take the feeding tubes and IVs out yesterday. So, she's making small steps towards being able to come home. We're hoping she'll be home for Christmas! Say a prayer for her and keep your fingers crossed that she can come home before Thursday. That would be a great Christmas present for the family!
Oh, and by the way - I'm not a total slacker, but I didn't take any pictures in the NICU the night she was born so I don't have any to share. I hope to have some soon to post! She's beautiful!
And, Suzette, I know you've probably been wondering if I was ever going to post this - so, here it is. Better late than never! Love you!
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment