
Today was baseball opening day. Tater Tot's pictures were at 8:30 this morning and then his game was at 10:30. Before the game started some of the boys were tossing a ball around in the dug out (a no-no, but who listens?) and one of the boys got hit in the mouth and his tooth came out. Luckily, it was already loose - but he was still quite upset.
Then during the game our catcher (our only catcher) was running home to score and collided with the other team's catcher and hurt his leg. His dad carried him off the field but he was up walking a few minutes later so I think he's going to be okay. It was a little scary, though. I just kept thinking: If that big 'ole boy runs into Tater Tot he's going to knock him out. And then I'll have to make a scene! Just kidding. I'm learning to restrain myself when it comes to my boy!
But, Tater Tot got walked to first when he was up to bat - which is good because he was watching and not just swinging at anything that came over the plate. Then he stole third and because the other team over threw trying to get him out at third he was able to run in and score! I wish I had a picture of the look on his face when he made it to the plate. He ran in and didn't slide and when he got to the plate he stopped just in front of it and then stomped on it with his left foot and then looked up at us and smiled. It was priceless.
The team won today's game 8 to 3. Way to go, Sports Den!

1 comment:
Yeah, Drake!
Post a Comment