Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Feature - Bedside Table

I've decided to add a new feature in the side bar about books on my bedside table. No, these books aren't really on my bedside table. If they were they'd never get read because I fall asleep too quickly at night! My goal is to keep it updated with books that I am currently reading or that are in my stack to read next. These first few are a mixture of both. I have so many great books to read right now that I'm tempted to read them all at the same time - however, I'll never keep my storylines straight if I do that!

But, for instance, I am currently reading Before I Wake, by Dee Henderson, a Christian Fiction author, but I am also purusing the milk goat book and the Creative Correction stays within arms reach at any given moment.

For any of you parents who haven't read Creative Correction, I would recommed it. It's full of situational correction for just about any infraction - with a God-centered approach. I got it a while back when I felt like I was at my wit's end with some issues we were dealing with - and I absolutely love it. It gives you some different ideas when the ones you're using grow stale or just aren't working. It's a must-have for parents with children under 12 - but it helps your creativity with those older kids, too.

So, my reading stack is overflowing right now - and I'll eventually get to them all - but in the meantime if you have a suggestion about what should be added to the "bedside table" please let me know. I don't want the table to become empty........

3 comments:

The Todds said...

I like your new feature! I especially like the suggestion for the Creative Correction. I will have to look into getting that one.

Jess said...

I think I have a few more Dee Henderson when you are ready :)

Kelly in NC said...

I've never read Dee Henderson. Sounds like a new author i need to pick up!

Join me in my quest to: