Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Please Stand By


I have been super busy with some stuff at work and some stuff with life and haven't really felt like blogging lately. So, please endulge me in this little bloggy break that I need to take. I'll be back eventually - just don't know when yet. I've also been AWOL from my favorite blog reading as well. Please forgive me for not stopping by and seeing what you're all up to. I will catch up when I'm back. Until then, I thought I'd leave you with a funny story from last week:

Drake and his cousins Daniel and Audrey went to Bug Camp last week. All week long they collected bugs of all sorts, shapes and sizes and kept them in the bug keepers. Mostly they caught grasshoppers. The big ones. And, of course, grasshoppers like to mate. So we talked about mating grasshoppers most of the week. Well, on the last day they got to take their bug keepers and all their bugs home. As we're walking to the car, this is the conversation I heard:

Drake: "Audrey, are your grasshoppers STILL mating? They were mating this morning. They've been mating ALL DAY!!!!"

Audrey just laughs and shrugs.

Daniel: "Yeah, what are they bored or somethin'?"

Me (dying with laughter).

12 comments:

Annikke said...

That is funny!! I needed that laugh this morning!

Suzette said...

Even funnier when I read it! I pray you will get ALL your work done so you can stop stressing about it! Have a great day!

Joy said...

How funny! I know you had a heart time not laughing too hard in front of them.
The things people do when they are bored.
I wonder how many people are walking on earth all because 2 people were bored.

Take your time. We'll see you when you get back to blogging.

Joy

Joy said...

oops meant hard time.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That is so seriously funny! Oh man! Crack me right up!

Things have been crazy around here too...blogging seems to be my only sanity these days and this story..oh this story...made my day.

Whitney said...

I was wondering where you've been! Love the mating story. I hope you find some time to relax!

Tracy P. said...

Oh funny! Yup, that's the perfect cure for boredom, alright! Not for busy bugs!

Hope things settle down soon, but summer is just no time for blogging.

Now I'm going to find the homemade granola bar link, as we are starting to get ready for our trip in earnest.

If I did a typo, would I get to do an extra comment?

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Great story! Kids are just so funny, even when they aren't trying!

You'll be missed, but break away if you must. I guess family and work should be more important than blogging...whatever.

;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Lauralee Provenzo said...

Random, funny, conversation; gotta love it, eh?

Lauralee Provenzo said...

By the way, I just absolutely love your swine flu picture and your awesome owl background.

Jess said...

There's the Drake story I've been needing!

The Todds said...

Gracious, that is too funny!

Take as long as you need, this coming from a blogger that only updates when I have good pictures or an event to share!!!

Join me in my quest to: