Monday, July 6, 2009

Book Review - The Choice



In keeping with true Nicholas Sparks' fashion - this book blew me away. The title The Choice is so fitting - however, "the choice" that I thought Sparks was referring to was not at all "the choice" I was expecting. You see, this book takes several turns and while I started the book and thought I understood what choice the titled talked of, all of a sudden I was blindsided by the ultimate choice.

I had reached the point of no return one night while reading before bed. You know that point - the point you reach when you think you have absolutely got to know what happens. I was there and I just couldn't hold my eyes open any longer. So, the next morning (happened to be a weekend morning) I had to finish it. And, wow! I only thought that I had figured things out the night before. Boy was I wrong!

I'm not going to spoil it! I'm afraid I've said too much already. You've got to read it!

And if you have read it, what did you think? Let me know - just don't say too much to spoil it for the others!

5 comments:

Joy said...

I'll check my library and see if they have it. Thanks for the recommendation.


Joy

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

OK, you have sparked my interest!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Lauralee Provenzo said...

Hello. Just checking out new blogs and I really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like. Nicholas Sparks is a good author, too. I've only ever read one of his books but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I haven't read any of his books. Shame on me! :-) I think I will try this one based on your "review."

Kelly in NC said...

I loved this book and was just as surprised by the final choice. I liked the ending!

Join me in my quest to: