Well, we've weighed in, settled in, and are anxiously awaiting the shows to start tomorrow. Dakota's pig crossed the scales at 277 pounds and our cousin William's pig weighed 282 pounds. Definitely not the heavyweights of the fair. There are some REALLY big pigs down there. We're just glad they're not ours!
This afternoon was the Skil-A-Thon portion of the program where the kids take a test on the educational aspects of their respective projects. This year's topic was By-Products and Marketing. They also take a test on record book skills, which obviously tests their knowledge regarding the record book they had to keep and complete to turn in at the fair. It makes the program much more educational.
So, with that behind us, we have the showmanship competition tomorrow night and the actual hog show on Sunday. I am such a slacker and have not taken the first picture. I know, shame on me! But I'll have the camera out tomorrow and Sunday for sure.
As a side note - Dakota is feeling much better. Hopefully the activities of the rest of the weekend won't send her in for a relapse. Keep your fingers crossed. Drake, on the other hand, has felt worse the past two days. But I think he's going to make it. Keep your fingers crossed!
15 years ago

2 comments:
I'm glad D is feeling better and able to show her pig. Good luck with the sale!
So excited to hear how everything goes! Glad she is feeling better.
Post a Comment