Drake's school has been celebrating Read Across America this week. They have had activities and themed days all week. Monday was AR (acclerated reader) Shirt day. Tuesday was crazy hat day. Wednesday was Fox in Sox day (crazy socks) and today was Character Day. The kids could dress as their favorite character in a book or their favorite author.
Drake chose:
Hank the Cowdog!
He very briefly (pardon the pun) considered Captain Underpants but I told him that was definitely not appropriate! Besides, I reminded him, he doesn't even like those books. He checked one out and took it back! So, since he's loving the Hank the Cowdog series, that's what he settled on.
I made him some dog ears and a tail (which his dad said looked more like a beaver tail than a dog tail! Give me a break - I had 2 days to do this in!) and Drake picked out the clothes. He wanted something "dog colored" to wear - and this is what he found in the closet. I thought he did well. He tried to draw paws on his boots this morning and I quickly had to go wipe them down to get the marker off. I then had to remind him that if Hank went to school he'd have to wear shoes and his paws would be INSIDE the boots, not out! That was almost a catastrophe.
He looked very cute walking to class with his tail wagging behind him!

2 comments:
HE looks cute!!!!
I think you both did a great job! I am impressed.
Post a Comment