Thursday, February 19, 2009

How hunting and cat and dogs are fun.

The following is a paper Drake wrote the other day. It was not for a school assignment - he just wrote it in his free time. I am posting it just the way it was written on the paper - misspellings and all.

"how hunting and cat and dogs are fun. You can shoot deer and pig's and ducks/snake's moose/elk/bear/rotcoon's.

Cat's are fun to play with
they are fun to watch them play with string.

dog's are fun to play with too. It is fun to play tugawar with them
Some dogs's are for hunting too. It is fun to play cathch with dog's too."

I thought he did a nice job. I love when they do things like this. It's always so funny to see on paper what's going through their heads. He has an entire journal from Kindergarten that they wrote in, in class a few times a week. I love flipping through that. It always bring a smile to my face.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I agree with you - it is so cool to see what is actually going through his mind. But, I think the thing I am most impressed with is that he wrote that for himself, just for the heck of it! Great job, Drake!

Annikke said...

I love the journals too. I saved one paper from earlier this year that my 6 yo was just doing at home, but it was so cute. I like to pull it out and re-read it every now and again. I love to see what is inside those minds! So innocent!

Kelly in NC said...

Tim's mom recently gave him a folder full of his old papers and drawings. They are too funny! You will definitely have to keep a folder for your kids!

Join me in my quest to: