Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Violation...........and Bob

Well, I had all intentions of having a new post for you last Thursday, October 11. My intentions, however, were not to be posting about the violation that occurred. But while I was at work at the hospital in Inverness Thursday morning, someone decided to violate the security of my vehicle and broke into my car and stole my purse (with my digital camera inside.)
Yes, before you ask, it's been a nightmarish experience. The picture is the inside of my car and the item sticking up from the floorboard is my window. Yes, my window. The tint held the majority of the glass in place requiring the crooks to pry the window out of the frame, causing damage to the window frame of the car as well. The police feel certain that whoever did this was watching me, waiting for me to leave my vehicle so they could decide if I had anything they needed.

I could ramble on and on and on about everything that I lost that was in my purse and all my thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. on the event and what I think about the people who went shopping with my credit card at Walmart - but I will spare everyone the details. Just let me say that it has changed the way I think and view lots of things now - and I don't think I'll ever be the same person again. LIFE LESSON: Girls - DO NOT leave your purse in your car - ever - even if you don't think you'll be gone long. Because even in broad daylight someone will come along and decide that what is your's should be their's and be gone with it in a matter of seconds. Sad state of our present society.

But on to happier thoughts........ Meet BOB! Ladybug's new fair pig.
I purchased a cheapy disposable camera Thursday to take pics of the car and took some more of Bob (since my camera was stolen, too, I didn't have the original pics I took) so I could post about his arrival. Ladybug went and picked him out last Wednesday, October 10, 2007. He weighed 67 pounds when he left the farm. He is adjusting to his new home very well. He loves the dirt he gets to root in. And he's even made a new friend.

So Bob is settling into his new surroundings and ladybug is getting back in the groove of caring for a pig. And life in general around here is getting back to its quote/unquote normal state. Whatever normal means........

You can see more pix of Bob here: http://thetreffeisens.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b357c7880550

And more pix of the car here: http://thetreffeisens.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b357c793847b

1 comment:

The Todds said...

I am so sorry that happened to you and that you weren't hurt (physically, anyway).

Bob is adorable. Glad he is adjusting well.

Join me in my quest to: