Monday, October 22, 2007

An absolutely amazing day

On Sunday, September 30, 2007 The Williams family (our cousins) welcomed Philip Michael into the world. I have been trying for almost a month now to put into words my feelings and thoughts about the experience and I just keep coming up short. Every time I sit down to write this I just can't seem to find the words to describe this experience.

Why you ask? Well, you see, I was given the most incredible opportunity to assist with Philip's birth. And it was such an amazing experience I can't seem to do it justice with words. God is truly amazing and the miracle of child birth is truly indescribable. Yes, I know I birthed two children of my own - but the experience is so much different when you are not playing the role of mother and when you are not in a hospital setting.

Philip was born at home (as was his big sister 3 years ago); however, the mid-wife was unable to attend Philip's birth - so Kenny(dad) and I filled the role instead. Well, I'm not sure we really filled a mid-wife's role - but we were there to assist Cindy(mom) and Philip - because let's be completely honest here, they did all the work.

After a lot of praying everything went absolutely perfectly and Philip came into the world at 2:06 p.m. weighing 10 lbs and measuring 21" long (I think I got the length right. I measured the little booger, you'd think I would get it right. However, now that I put it in print I'm second guessing myself. Cindy - correct me if I'm wrong.)
Here's Philip with his big brothers Thomas(9) and Daniel(6) and Mom(I'll spare her age).

And his big sister Audrey(3) and Aunt 'Tiffy(we all know I just turned 30).

There is something simply amazing and indescribable about watching a child come into this world. I could continue to go on and on but I'll leave the intimate details as vivid memories in my heart and mind.

Kenny and Cindy: Thank you so much (again) for letting me be a part of Philip's special day. I don't think I will ever get the words right to express how honored I was to be there. It is a day and an opportunity that I will never, ever forget.

1 comment:

The Todds said...

Congratulations to everyone!

Join me in my quest to: