Friday, September 26, 2008

The battle is over

My dad won his battle over colon cancer today and I can only imagine how great he feels with his new, perfect body. He went very peacefully home to be with the Lord about 4:15 this afternoon surrounded by his wife, a brother, his parents and myself.


I want to thank everyone for all their thoughts and prayers, especially over the past 2 months. And a special thanks to those of you in the blogging community who I have never personally met but have been kind enough to stop by and offer up your support. It's amazing to me that there are so many wonderful people out there willing to embrace someone they don't even know. You guys are amazing.


Continue your prayers for the next coming days as we finalize arrangements and move into and through this next phase. I love you all

2 comments:

Kelly in NC said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I am so sorryfor your loss.

Annikke said...

I have been thinking about you over the weekend but was not near a computer until now. I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Join me in my quest to: