Friday, July 23, 2010

Frugal Friday

So, I just decided to change the name of my sometimes-Friday posts from Bargain Friday to Frugal Friday. I like the sound of it better - plus now it can be all things frugal, not just bargains!

I've missed a few bargains here and there that I forgot to post about but I recently ran across some receipts for a few I wanted to go back and share.

Dakota needed "business casual" clothing for a couple of her trips this summer and since her normal wardrobe consists of "always casual" clothing, we had to go shopping. Now, normally, we only buy things that are on a clearance rack of some sort, but I had to give in a little since we were looking for specific items of clothing. However, I still refused to pay full price for anything. So, everything we bought was on sale - even if it wasn't clearance. On this particular trip (to JC Penney) we bought 2 pair of dress slacks, 1 skirt, and 4 tops for a grand total of $116.13. I know, I almost had a heart attack, too; however, that averages out to $16.59 per item. Then when I looked at the receipt we had saved $131.47!!! Nice trip.


I saved $15.50 just in coupons at Walmart a while back. I haven't been there much lately. They are on my naughty list at the moment.


A trip to Kohl's a few months ago for some housewarming presents and specific pants that Drake and I both had to have for a function totaled $69.31 out of pocket with a savings of $63.15. The pants that Drake and I both had to have rang up at a discounted price at the register!! That was an added bonus b/c I had already reluctantly decided to buy them even though they weren't on sale. Bonus for me. Smile!


This week at CVS: 1 - Schick Intuition razor - $8.99 (on sale) 1 - Children's CVS brand Zyrtec - $9.99 1 - 28 ct. Prevacid - $18.99 (on sale) 2 - Oil of Olay daily cleansing towels - $8.98(for 2) (on sale) Total of $ 46.95 Minus: (1) Schick coupon - $2.00 (1) Prevacid coupon - $5.00 (1) Oil of Olay coupon - (buy one get one free) $4.49 ECBs (Extra Care Bucks) used - $10.00 Out of Pocket Paid :$ 26.56. Smile! Earned $7 in ECBs for next trip.

Don't forget to share your frugal Friday posts or just your great deals of the week! I love hearing other people's stories, too!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Those are great deals. I know what you are saying if you look at how many pieces of clothing you got for that price, is does help.

Do you have a Kohl's credit card.
I've always debated about that. I know they give great bonus stuff on it, but I'm reluctant to carry one more cc.

♥ joy

Join me in my quest to: