Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekend Recap/Ribbon Count

I started this post way back in February after we got home from the State Fair. But since I'm a major slacker, I never finished it and posted it. I finally got around to completing it today and decided to go ahead and post it as it was when I originally started it and just add record book results in since we received those a couple of weeks ago.

We had a great weekend at the state fair. We are, of course, all exhausted - but that's part of "fair week" and we move on and get over it!

So, here's the weekend ribbon count:


Dakota: Blue ribbon in Senior Showmanship. Blue Ribbon (4th Place) for "Chico" in his weight class. Blue ribbon on record book; 93.5%








Drake: Blue ribbon in Junior Showmanship. 4th place overall Junior Showman (Not bad for his first pig show, I say!). Blue ribbon (6th place) for "Amigo" in his weight class. Blue ribbon record book; 94.5% (He beat his sister by one point!)



Drake also won the Junior Swine Herdsman award and received a very cool ball cap that he is proudly sporting.


William: Blue ribbon Intermediate Showmanship. 3rd place overall Intermediate Showman. Blue ribbon (4th place) for "Theseus" in his weight class. Blue ribbon record book. (Sorry, don't remember his score) This was also William's first year as an FFA exhibitor. He was very proud to wear the blue and gold!!!! (It's also his Mama's jacket from high school! I think all the kids have worn it now, except for Drake. I'm sure he'll have a turn in it, too, one day!)

Here's some candid shots from the weekend.......


Dakota and "Chico"


Drake and "Amigo"

Drake in his 4H official dress. I know I'm biased, but he is so stinkin' cute!

Dakota and "Chico" during the swine Ask-Me Talk time


Hanging out with the pigs


Hanging out in the barn



Drake and "Amigo" during his swine Ask-Me Talk time




Drake in Amigo's pen. Amigo decided to get up and eat at the same time we wanted to take a picture!


It was a fun week!

3 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Very fun! They are all learning such responsibility--how awesome!

The Todds said...

So cool! Congrats on how well they all did. You are so right about how stinkin' cute Drake looked in his 4-H uniform. Dakota is getting more beautiful each time I see pics of her!

Joy said...

Congratulations on the ribbons and awards. I know they poured their hearts in to those animals. Great pictures of both of them.
I love that he was wearing your jacket. How cool to pass that along to the next generation.
♥ Joy

Join me in my quest to: