Saturday: Sick. Hubby, me, Ladybug. Yucky, nasty head cold. Did a little laundry. Zapped my energy. Resorted to resting.
Internet down. Still down. Borrowing internet across the street at my cousin's.
Sunday: Did nothing. Little Tater Tot took care of us while we (me and hubby) spent 98 percent of the day in bed. Hubby got out his boat whistle and blew it when he needed something. Tater Tot thought it was fun. Ladybug helped, too, as she was feeling better. Late Sunday afternoon Ladybug comes in and announces, "Hey, y'all are on your death bed." She cracked her and her brother up.
I haven't spent an entire day in bed and rested like that in a long, long, time. Probably since before I had kids.
I did read 2 1/2 books which I will be composing posts on later. Really when you think about it, it turned out to be a good weekend. It's nice to literally do nothing once in a while!
Update: I forgot the excitement of the weekend. Saturday night Tater Tot came and told me he took his medicine (his Zyrtec), which he normally takes on his own, so I was not concerned. He has a little pill box for each day of the week. The rest of the conversation went something like this:
Me: I thought you took that this morning?
Tater: Oh, maybe I did. But I missed all the others this week, so I took those.
Me: You WHAT??????
Tater: I took all those I missed.
Me: You didn't miss any! I filled up your container yesterday for next week. Exactly how many did you take?
Tater: Fridays, Thursdays, Wednesdays, Tuesdays, and Mondays.
This is the point where I go into a recitation of how you do not take extra medicine; how it can make you VERY, VERY sick and that you should ALWAYS ask me if you have a question about your medicine. At which point Tater Tot is hysterical because he now thinks he's going to have to go to the hospital.
We got him to take a charcoal and then made a quick little call to poison control to find out that although he had taken a lot he was still in the "safe range" and had not taken enough to harm him - but we needed to keep an eye on him for a little while to make sure he didn't become "unresponsive." Yeah, not so encouraging at that point.
A little while later:
Tater: If I start feeling sick should I tell you?
Me: Yes, that would be important.
15 years ago

2 comments:
Sorry you were sick. I think I am getting a cold. blech!
Yikes on the medicine thing... eek. Glad that turned out ok too!
So much for a totally relaxing weekend recovering from illness...glad you didn't have to take a trip to the ER for an overdose!
Post a Comment