Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope that each and every one of you will take the time today to stop, slow down, and remember all the reasons you have to be thankful. Today is certainly a busy day with family gatherings here and there - but we should all take a moment to truly celebrate our thankfulness. And don't forget to share your thankfulness, too. If you are thankful for your family, make sure you tell them. Don't just assume they know. Don't just tell yourself what you're thankful for, share it with others. We shouldn't lose sight of the reason we choose to celebrate a holiday like Thanksgiving.

So, today I am thankful for my family. My immediate family and my extended family - and even my very extended family. I am so blessed to live near so many of my family members and have them close to me every day, not just on holidays. Family is one of our most treasured gifts. I'm thankful that even though I can't be with those family members who live far away today that they are in my heart.

I'm thankful for a house to live in; that has heat and air. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who provides for our family. I'm thankful that God blessed us with two beautiful, healthy children. I'm thankful for Jesus who died on the cross to save me from my sins. I'm thankful for the grace he afforded us on that cross, too. I'm thankful that I am able to help provide financially for our family, as well as be home for our kids. I'm thankful for a wonderful boss who is not only my boss, but my friend; and who knows the importance of family first. I'm thankful for my co-workers who are always more like friends and sisters than co-workers. I'm thankful for good health. I'm thankful to live in a free country where we can express our views and opinions. I'm thankful for my internet friends whom I've formed new bonds with over the past year. I'm thankful for all my friends; those close, those far, those old, and those new. I'm thankful for so much more that I think I could go on forever.

Don't take for granted that you'll have another opportunity to tell someone what or who you are thankful for, for we are not guaranteed one second in this life. Take the opportunity to do it today! Don't wait!

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: