Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday, Tater Tot!

8 years ago you came into our lives and made us smile. Your precious little round face and your dad's signature "cow lick" on your forehead made us laugh - and today you continue to make us laugh. Your personality is contagious and everyone you meet instantly loves you. You can light up a room with your smile and your laugh. I can't believe how quickly you've grown from our precious baby boy to such a handsome little man. Of course, you know you'll always be my baby boy no matter how old you get.

I hope your birthday this year turned out to be special after all. I know things were a bit mixed up with Papa 'Tucky being sick but I'm so glad that I made it back home in time for your birthday. I love that I was able to wake you up on Monday morning and wish you Happy Birthday and you didn't even know I had made it home yet. You melted my heart when you realized it was me waking you up and threw your arms around me and squeezed as tight as you could and didn't want to let go.

I hope you enjoyed your requested birthday supper at Beef O'Bradys and getting your new "dirt" bike and "motorcycle" helmet - oh, and your very own "going to town" pocket knife. And don't forget the yummy "Mimi" cake that we had at the house afterwards. You're a very lucky boy to have a Mimi who makes cakes so yummy for all of us. This year you received a very special card, too. I don't think you will realize for a long time how truly special it is, but I know one day you will cherish it. The card was from Grandma and Papa 'Tucky and Papa 'Tucky was able to sign it before he got too sick and left this world. That card will always have a special place.

I think your day turned out to be pretty special and I hope you look back on it with fond memories.

You are an amazing human being and I thank God every day that he entrusted us with the privilege to be your parents. We love you with all our hearts. Happy Birthday! Love, Mama and Daddy

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,


This is the sweetest thing I've ever read and now you've got me sitting here bawling.


Love,
UM

Kelly in NC said...

Happy Birthday Drake! IF your Mimi is the very same Mrs. T who used to make cupcakes for all my elementary school parties- then I would have to agree. You are a very lucky boy!

Tracy P. said...

Awesome cake! Happy birthday to Tater.

My mom sent a valentine to my son (age 6 months at the time) before she died unexpectedly, and we received it after saying goodbye to her. I will always treasure it.

Annikke said...

That is so sweet and yes, he may not realize right now how special that card is but one day it will be his most valuable possession!

Anonymous said...

Oh, How sweet! A memory that he will be able to forever cherish.

The Todds said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 8! What an amazing birthday card he will be able to cherish. That is a really cool cake.

Tiffany said...

Yep, Kelly - one in the same, Mrs. T! I married good!

Join me in my quest to: