I've been AWOL from the blogosphere for a while and I'm starting to get some flack about it. I decided to sit down tonight and get caught up.
We've been busy doing a little of this and a little of that and sometimes nothing at all.
A few weeks ago we (us and my cousins) went to the Georgia National Fair to watch the Georgia Nationals Swine show. It was interesting to see how another state does their fair/swine show. The fair was huge, too! There were over 400 swine entries, which still blows my mind. I thought our state fair was huge last year with around 200 swine. Guess I was wrong.
I took these cool pictures of Dakota and William with these marble 4-H and FFA emblems.

During these past few weeks Dakota has also gotten her State Fair hog: Meet "Mister Piggy."
During these past few weeks Dakota has also gotten her State Fair hog: Meet "Mister Piggy."
He's kind of a big boy right now, which hopefully will pay off in the long run. He's settling in to his new surroundings just fine. In fact, he got so comfortable in his new living quarters he sat right down in his feed box. Okay, so I think it was an accident and he was a little bit stuck for a few seconds, but I thought it was cute!
Two weekends ago Drake woke up with his right eye almost swollen shut and extremely red. I at first thought something had bit him and that we were going to have to use the Epi-Pen for the first time - however, after stepping back and further assessing the situation we determined it was probably pink eye.
So, off to the urgent care walk-in clinic where Drake promptly informed the doctor that he had pink eye. She laughed and said, "He's probably right," confirmed our self diagnosis, gave us a script for the drops and sent us on our way.
Only to be informed when we arrived home that our freezer was not freezing! Seriously. Hubby had worked on it a little and was hoping it would start freezing again. Not so much. We had to completely unload our fridge and freezer and distribute to my cousin's and aunt's freezers and fridges.
We lost a lot of things in our freezer. We were able to save the little bit of meat we had as it had not thawed out - but we lost all the other important things like popsicles and waffles and nuggets and veggies, etc. We salvaged the majority of stuff in the fridge. The good news is my refrigerator and freezer got a good cleaning AND the repairman came on Monday and was able to fix it for a small fee - a much smaller fee than a new fridge, though. So I was pleased. What a weekend that was!
I think that brings you fully up to date. I can't think of any more excitement at the moment. We'll be getting Dakota's county fair pig soon - so we'll make the introductions at that time.

4 comments:
Glad to see you back!
can't believe you had to throw out the nuggets!
Who knew there was a national fair. Wow!
That is one cute Mister Piggy. What a great experience to visit the fair in Georgia!
Post a Comment