I'm transcribing a depo I did a few weeks ago of a man by the last name of H-E-I-N-Y --pronounced "hay knee." But the attorney conducting the deposition and asking the majority of questions kept pronouncing the man's name "hi knee" like your rear end. I can't even tell you how hard it was to keep my composure at the time. I am totally laughing out loud about it now in the privacy of my home - however, at the time I had to be very stoic - and it was REALLY HARD. I kept looking at the man whose name was being butchered to see if he would react or CORRECT the man. I mean, I would have corrected the man promptly. However, he said nothing other than to answer the man's questions. I would glance around at the other attorneys in the room as well, to see if they thought it was at all humorous but they avoided eye contact. I totally think if they had looked at me they would have laughed. I KNOW they wanted to laugh!
Oh, and did I mention that the man introduced himself to the attorney before we began - and he did not mention that his last name was similar to a nice word for your derriere?
15 years ago

1 comment:
I would have TOTALY corrected him! Too funny!
Post a Comment