The Forbidden by Beverly Lewis. The second book in The Courtship of Nellie Fisher series. Another really great book! Everything I wanted it to be - except that it left me hanging. But I guess that's good because that means there is another book on it's way. I can't wait!!!!!! This story continues the theme of the Amish people being split over remaining true to their Old Order beliefs or choosing to accept the gift of grace and salvation and having a relationship with God. A very powerful and timely message, I say. And, of course,
intertwined within is the love story of Nellie Fisher and Caleb
Yoder and their struggles with being true to their families, their beliefs, and each other.
Beverly Lewis is such a phenomenal writer! She makes you feel as if you live right in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country and that you know these characters as if they were your own family or neighbors. She's incredible. I want to write like her when I grow up!
And now once again - my bedside table is empty. And since I'm caught up with all my current favorite authors I guess it's time to find another author to add to my list of favorites. Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment