Monday, February 18, 2008

Fair Results

I know, I know - I failed to finish the fair posting. But we were so tired and the day after we got back I started helping Suzette at the flower shop during madness week (which for me was another week of long days and late nights) and I just let the time get away from me.

So - this probably sums up how we all felt at the end of the week......








Bob placed 8th out of 9th in his class and received a white ribbon. Not exactly the result we were hoping for - but at least he wasn't last, right? Ladybug took it well. She was more upset that she didn't get to show long on Sunday before the judge culled Bob. Mr. W's pig Wylie placed 3rd in his class and Mr. W was very sad to have to say good-bye.

Mr. N and Mr. W both showed their rabbits at the State Fair, too. It was a roller coaster week with the rabbits because the judge was very harsh in her judging of the animals so there were a lot of tears shed there, too. In the end, though, Mr. W won Junior Division Champion of Champions in rabbits. Somehow I managed to not get a single picture of Mr. N with his rabbits, but there is a picture of Mr. W with one of his in the link below.

It was a fun week even though we were exhausted. And now we can gear up for the county fair. Mr. W has a pig, Jonah, in that fair, too; and Ladybug has been asked by her advisor to be the back-up showman for the Chapter pig. So, basically right now I equate that to mean: Be there every night and we'll see what happens.

To see all the pictures from the week click here: http://photos.walmart.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=23593495/sessionID=136414099/t_=9437374

No comments:

Join me in my quest to: